EJStevens

E.J. Stevens

E.J. Stevens is the author of the SPIRIT GUIDE young adult paranormal series, the HUNTERS' GUILD urban fantasy series, and the bestselling IVY GRANGER urban fantasy series.

Owl and the Japanese Circus
J.C. Daniels

Blood and Mistletoe by E. J. Stevens

Reblogged from susanvoss18:
Blood and Mistletoe (Ivy Granger) - E.J. Stevens

Note: Even though this is Book 1.5 in the series, it works just fine as a stand alone.

Ivy Granger is a private detective working in Harborsmouth. And her demon associate, Forneus, requires her talents to solve a series of murders. With her psychic abilities and help from her friends, such as Jinx who runs the office, she attempts to make it through the holidays and save fae lives.

Even though this is short, plenty of awesomesauce is packed into it. Ivy herself is a lot of fun and has plenty of insightful, and sometimes snarky, remarks throughout the book. Forneus is a layer demon who I was intrigued by, but also wanted to smack upside the head on occasion. Jinx is curvaceous and clever with knives. I want to do shots with her. There is just a touch of romance – Ivy has a beau. However, her psychic abilities are triggered whenever she touches another person, so their relationship has been strictly celibate.

Then we have the plot, which is a series of fae murders Now, not all the dead fae came from the same house, so it was a bit tricky to figure out who the murderer was. But the murderer being the clever person they think they are left a sprig of mistletoe at each crime scene. Luckily for the fae community, our detective is more clever. Plus I love all her little comments about the holidays.

I was pretty amused and sometimes surprised by this little book. I will definitely be continuing my Ivy Granger adventures with the other books in the series.

I received a copy of this audiobook at no cost from the author via her audiobook tour in exchange for an honest review (thanks!).

Narration: Our narrators, Melanie Mason and David Brown, were both excellent. Mason was a perfect fit for Ivy Granger. I also loved her near-purring voice for luscious Jinx. Brown was an excellent near-evil demon attorney (Forneus). He also had some great voices for the other baddies we come upon.