EJStevens

E.J. Stevens

E.J. Stevens is the author of the SPIRIT GUIDE young adult paranormal series, the HUNTERS' GUILD urban fantasy series, and the bestselling IVY GRANGER urban fantasy series.

Owl and the Japanese Circus
Kristi Charish
Spider’s Revenge
Jennifer Estep
Blade Song
J.C. Daniels

Glass Houses

Glass Houses - Rachel Caine Highly addictive urban fantasy adventure series for readers of all ages. I usually review each book in a series separately, but this series made pausing to write a review after each book impossible. Every book in this series ends with a major cliff hangar and I found myself needing the next book like a fish needs water...or a vampire needs blood (these books are like chips, you can't stop at just one). This series begins with Claire, young brainiac extraordinaire, who, at the age of sixteen, is attending college at Texas Prairie University in Morganville. TPewwww isn't her first choice school, or second, or third, but her parents think a small school is a good place for a young girl to start her higher education. Unfortunately their misguided attempt to protect her leave her dumped in a town full of vamps. Thanks mom and dad. If you're not a fan of paranormal books with school settings, don't worry. This book is not a rehashing of Harry Potter...not by a long shot. The Morganville Vampires is a series that illustrates the importance of friendship, the beauty of first love, the resilience of youth, and the kinetic potential of the brainy girl next door...all within the framework of a chilling urban fantasy world. Morganville is a vamp filled town where vampires and humans coexist...for now, but their tenuous peace is more like a house of cards and Claire just may be the stiff wind some folks have been waiting for.

This review is for Glass Houses, The Dead Girls' Dance, Midnight Alley, Feast of Fools, Lord of Misrule, Carpe Corpus, Fade Out, and Kiss of Death.

I highly recommend The Morganville Vampires to fans of urban fantasy, paranormal romance, young adult, supernatural suspense, and especially to fans of fast-paced vampire fiction.

** This review originally posted on my blog: www.FromTheShadows.info **