EJStevens

E.J. Stevens

E.J. Stevens is the author of the SPIRIT GUIDE young adult paranormal series, the HUNTERS' GUILD urban fantasy series, and the bestselling IVY GRANGER urban fantasy series.

Owl and the Japanese Circus
Kristi Charish
Spider’s Revenge
Jennifer Estep
Blade Song
J.C. Daniels

Hex Hall

Hex Hall - Rachel Hawkins Teens with paranormal powers are supposed to be safe at Hecate Hall... But someone, or something, is killing students. Sophie, a young witch who misused her powers and risked human discovery, has been sent to Hecate Hall on the orders of the Council. The Council is the ruling body for Prodigium, people such as witches, faeries, vampires, and werewolves, and their orders are law. Hecate Hall is a special boarding school, secluded from human society, created to "protect and instruct shapeshifter, witch, and fae children who have risked exposure of their abilities, and therefore imperiled Prodigium society as a whole." Unfortunately for Sophie, Hecate Hall is being plagued by student deaths and her one friend and roommate is the prime suspect. I found Hex Hall to be an engrossing, fast-paced paranormal read filled with mystery and young romance. These characters are completely believable, the mystery is incredibly suspenseful, and the romantic tension kept me frantically flipping pages. I found myself unable to put this book down! I can't wait to read Demonglass, the second book in this series.

I highly recommend Hex Hall (Hex Hall, book 1) to readers of mystery, paranormal romance, young adult, urban fantasy and especially to fans of paranormal suspense.

Source: This book was purchased by me for review.

** This review originally posted on my blog: www.FromTheShadows.info **