EJStevens

E.J. Stevens

E.J. Stevens is the author of the SPIRIT GUIDE young adult paranormal series, the HUNTERS' GUILD urban fantasy series, and the bestselling IVY GRANGER urban fantasy series.

Owl and the Japanese Circus
Kristi Charish
Spider’s Revenge
Jennifer Estep
Blade Song
J.C. Daniels

A Spy in the House

A Spy in the House - Y.S. Lee A strong female sleuth and an intriguing mystery. A Spy in the House is a fabulous mystery set in Victorian London. This story begins with young Mary about to face the gallows for thievery. In a fabulous twist of fate, Mary is whisked away to Miss Scrimshaw's Academy for Girls where her adept mind and independent streak are cultivated. When, at the age of seventeen, Mary makes an inquiry to the headmistress about her future prospects she learns a dangerous yet exciting secret. There is a secret organization, The Agency, hidden within Miss Scrimshaw's Academy for Girls. Women are often overlooked in Victorian society and The Agency has found this to their advantage. The Agency is in need of young women with Mary's skills and disposition and she is readily employed as a spy, but will Mary be able to keep her temper and stubborn streak in check? Will she remain undetected long enough to survive her first mission? An amazing beginning to an exciting mystery series. Mary is my favorite kind of heroine. I loved this book so much I immediately ordered The Body at the Tower, the next book in the series, for myself and gifted both books in the series to family and friends.

I recommend A Spy in the House (The Agency, book 1) to readers of mystery, suspense, romance, young adult, and especially to fans of historical mysteries with a strong female heroine.

Fans of the Maisie Dobbs series by Jacqueline Winspear, the Study series by Maria V. Snyder, and the Mary Russell series by Laurie R. King will love The Agency series by Y.S. Lee.

Source: This book was purchased by me for review.

** This review originally posted on my blog: www.FromTheShadows.info **