EJStevens

E.J. Stevens

E.J. Stevens is the author of the SPIRIT GUIDE young adult paranormal series, the HUNTERS' GUILD urban fantasy series, and the bestselling IVY GRANGER urban fantasy series.

Owl and the Japanese Circus
Kristi Charish
Spider’s Revenge
Jennifer Estep
Blade Song
J.C. Daniels

Wicked Girls

Wicked Girls - Stephanie Hemphill A haunting tale of the dark side of human nature penned in a refreshingly unique style. The first thing readers should know before reading Wicked Girls is that it is written entirely in verse. As a poet myself I find it encouraging to find a new hardcover release in this style though some readers may be put off by the cadence and structure of this novel. I highly recommend browsing through a copy in your local bookstore. I found the rhythm of Hemphill's words pulled me deeper into the time and place of this novel for a unique reading experience. While many of the characters are unlikeable their selfishness and greed for power illuminated the inequality of the time. An interesting read for those interested in the Salem Witch Trials and a refreshingly different reading experience.

I recommend Wicked Girls to readers of historical fiction, young adult, and paranormal fiction.

** This review originally posted on my blog: www.FromTheShadows.info **