EJStevens

E.J. Stevens

E.J. Stevens is the author of the SPIRIT GUIDE young adult paranormal series, the HUNTERS' GUILD urban fantasy series, and the bestselling IVY GRANGER urban fantasy series.

Owl and the Japanese Circus
Kristi Charish
Spider’s Revenge
Jennifer Estep
Blade Song
J.C. Daniels

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side - Beth Fantaskey Temperamental vampire romance series with potential.

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side is the first novel in the Jessica series by Beth Fantaskey. Before purchasing this book I had read very mixed reviews, but when I found a bargain copy on Amazon I couldn't help my curiosity. After completing JGtDotDS, I can now understand the mixed reviews. This was a book that had me rolling my eyes in some parts and addictively reading late into the night in others. I had a difficult time deciding if I loved or hated the characters. Jessica and Lucious change so drastically that, by the time I reached the final page, it almost seemed as though I were reading about entirely different characters. Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side begins with a fun, often humorous, high school vampire story, but becomes a dark, dramatic tale of paranormal romance. This shift from light to dark, young to more mature, makes reviews and recommendations difficult. I am curious to see what direction this series will take with book two and, though I did sigh at times, I have every intention of reading Jessica Rules on the Dark Side. I really do have to find out what happens next!

I recommend Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (Jessica, #1) to readers of paranormal romance, young adult, urban fantasy, and especially to fans of romantic vampire fiction. Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side may appeal to fans of Laney: The Brookehaven Vampires by Joann Martin Sowles, Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, Jekel Loves Hyde by Beth Fantaskey, and The Hollow by Jessica Verday.

Sensitive reader warning: some violence toward animals, sexual situations

Source: This book was purchased by E.J. for review.

** This review originally posted on my blog: www.FromTheShadows.info **