EJStevens

E.J. Stevens

E.J. Stevens is the author of the SPIRIT GUIDE young adult paranormal series, the HUNTERS' GUILD urban fantasy series, and the bestselling IVY GRANGER urban fantasy series.

Owl and the Japanese Circus
Kristi Charish
Spider’s Revenge
Jennifer Estep
Blade Song
J.C. Daniels

Entice

Entice - Carrie Jones Pixies, ghouls, and weres, oh my! Entice is another exciting addition to the Need series by Carrie Jones. Captivate, the second book in the series, was amazing and left us with a cliff hangar ending that had me racing to pre-order Entice. I admit that I found myself comparing this book to Captivate and feeling less captivated. That is not to say that I didn't enjoy Entice. This is an enjoyable young adult read filled with pixies and weres and other paranormal creatures. It just seems to be missing a bit of the magical allure that Captivate held for me. I felt less emotionally invested in the characters this time around, which may have been due, in part, to Zara's aloofness (compared to her previously fragile and emotional personality) and the absence of a certain favorite character, but am again highly anticipating the next book in the series. The final chapters of Entice were exciting and Jones leaves us, once again, with a cliff hangar ending. There's so much going on in the final pages that I must find out what happens next. There is also an interesting love triangle developing. I will always be Team Nick, but am curious how Jones will continue to weave these tangled threads. I look forward to reading the next book in this young adult paranormal series.

I recommend Entice (Need, #3) to readers of paranormal romance, young adult, urban fantasy, speculative fiction, and especially to fans of pixie and were fiction. Entice may appeal to fans of Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson, The Iron King by Julie Kagawa, Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception by Maggie Stiefvater, and especially to fans of the Need series.

Source: This book was purchased by E.J. for review.

Don't miss E.J.'s reviews of Need (Need #1) (mini review) and Captivate (Need #2).

** Review originally posted on my blog: www.FromTheShadows.info **