EJStevens

E.J. Stevens

E.J. Stevens is the author of the SPIRIT GUIDE young adult paranormal series, the HUNTERS' GUILD urban fantasy series, and the bestselling IVY GRANGER urban fantasy series.

Owl and the Japanese Circus
Kristi Charish
Spider’s Revenge
Jennifer Estep
Blade Song
J.C. Daniels

Laney

Laney - Joann I. Martin Sowles Leaves you dying to sink your teeth into book two. Laney is the first book in the The Brookehaven Vampires series by Joann I. Martin Sowles. This is an exciting new vampire series, but beware...do not judge this book by the opening chapters. Laney begins very slowly. The first half of this book is setting the stage for the events to come, with a gradual build up to the breakneck, edge of your seat action and suspense of the final chapters. Delaney "Laney" Alexander is a fairly normal college Sophomore. She's of average intelligence, average height, average weight, and average motivation for school, but when her overachieving roommate has a fainting spell moments after meeting the hottest guy on campus Laney's life becomes anything but average. Laney and hot new guy Oliver Knight have an unnatural magnetic attraction that quickly becomes an obsession...for both of them. Some readers may see parallels with another popular vampire series (there are vamps and an overprotective stalker type boyfriend), but I found myself completely sucked into the second half of Laney and cannot wait for book two. The chemistry between the characters, though not always healthy, works. Young adult paranormal romance fans will love the steamy tension between Laney and Oliver and there is just enough scary "oh my god do not do up that alley" suspense and fang action to thrill urban fantasy fans. A wonderful beginning to a promising new vampire series.

I recommend Laney (The Brookehaven Vampires #1) to readers of paranormal romance, young adult, urban fantasy, speculative fiction, and especially to fans of vampire fiction. Laney may appeal to fans of the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer, the Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz, the Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick, and Soul In Love by Vone Savan.

Source: This book was provided by the author or publisher for honest review.

Don't miss our Q+A with author Joann I. Martin Sowles June 9th!

**Review originally posted on my blog: www.FromTheShadows.info**