EJStevens

E.J. Stevens

E.J. Stevens is the author of the SPIRIT GUIDE young adult paranormal series, the HUNTERS' GUILD urban fantasy series, and the bestselling IVY GRANGER urban fantasy series.

Owl and the Japanese Circus
Kristi Charish
Spider’s Revenge
Jennifer Estep
Blade Song
J.C. Daniels

The Fall: The Rift Book I

The Fall: The Rift Book I - Robert J. Duperre Move over old-school zombies, there's a new evil in town.

The Fall is the first book in the epic horror series The Rift. Duperre whisks the readers to an archaeological dig in Central America, but this is not your typical Indiana Jones adventure. Things go terribly, irrevocably wrong and an ancient undead evil is unleashed on the world. I should warn you that if you have any insect phobias you will be scratching away before the first chapter is over. That scene *still* gives me nightmares...and that was only the beginning. The author then pulls the reader into the lives of regular people experiencing the heart-pounding terror of discovering the undead that now plague the living. The creatures of The Fall are fast, deadly, and leave a path of gore and fear wherever they go. Duperre's new take on zombies and the undead is both refreshing and terrifying. The Fall is a masterful work of horror that will have you sleeping with the light on for many nights to come.

I highly recommend The Fall (The Rift, book 1) to readers of urban fantasy, speculative fiction, paranormal suspense, apocalyptic, dystopian, and zombie fiction and especially to fans of horror. The Fall may appeal to fans of Richard Matheson, China Mieville and Steven King.

Sensitive reader warning: contains violence, gore, and terrifying illustrations.

Source: Provided by the author or publisher for honest review.

** This review originally posted on my blog: www.FromTheShadows.info **